Martin 404 N636X was operated by Airliners of America in the colors of Pacific Air Lines. It was delivered to TWA on July 16, 1952, registered as N40429. Its name was Skyliner Peoria. In 1959 it was sold to California Airmotive Corporation. Subsequently it was owned by E. F. McDonald, James McAlister, Montex Drilling Corporation, Airworld Incorporated, Whitesell Construction Corporation, Joe Simpkins Oil, Tiffany Industries Isd., Phase II Incorporated, Sun & Wind Incorporated, and Skylease Incorporated of Wilmington, Delaware. It has been registered to the Planes of Fame Museum since September 25, 2008. It is powered by a pair of Pratt & Whitney R-2800 eighteen-cylinder Double Wasp radial engines.